July 14, 2009

Sailing Days

Dapper Duo

The above photo should have been posted with the GWG photos and I must have missed it. Aren't they cute together?

We had a busy June and that has meant that I have been using July to relax and take a break from the craziness. Nathan, Dad, and I took sailing lessons the last Friday in July and managed to not kill ourselves.

I am preparing to sail. Notice that my clothes are still dry.

We learned how to rig these little one-person sailboats and how to sail them all by ourselves. The instructor warned us about flipping the boats, but said that no one ever does. Hmmm. After our 1/2 hour learning session on land, we got into the boats and away we went. It took me a bit to figure out how to move, but then I was off. Within a half an hour I had flipped my boat. I fell into the water as the boat tried to fall on me and I was hit on the head by my full water bottle and had a bruise and bump to prove it. As I was floating and trying to extricate myself from the line I swam around the boat and jumped on the center board to pop the boat back up. I, then, swam to back of the boat and crawled back on board. All told, it took about 2 minutes from the time I hot the water to when I was back on the boat. Dad didn't even see it happen. Of course, he managed to fall out of the boat, too, and I didn't see that happen, either.


I can sail! (kind of)


Dad looks like quite the sailor


Logan and Grandma

Our daycare was on a two week break and Logan got to spend those two weeks with his Grandma. I hear that he was a good boy and didn't give her too much grief. He's finally adjusted to anyone putting him down for his morning and afternoon naps now and is going to bed on his own around 7:30 and wakes up in the morning at 6:00. Not too shabby if you ask me.

Poor little guy caught a virus last week and had a 102 degree fever for a couple of days. But, other than a slight cough and runny nose, he is back to normal. That was a sleepless couple of nights.

No comments: