February 25, 2009

Logan in Church


Sorry about the blurriness, but I couldn't use a flash in church. For some reason they have rules about that. Logan received his first ash cross on Wednesday and then tried to wipe it all over me.

I have been reading Dubliners by James Joyce and it has me thinking. It is a compilation of short stories following the lives of various people in Dublin. I like the book and find it very interesting to read and ponder the differences in our modern life in the US compared to James Joyce's. It's amazing to see how much we have now and how easy we have it.

It's also amazing to read about how much Irish men drank. Jeez.Logan is 50% German, Irish, American Indian, French, English. In case you wanted to know.

Anyway, parties have really changed a lot in the last century or so. They have always involved food, drink, and games, but a major portion of the party also included singing and instrument playing. I'm not talking about staged performances either, but actual invited guests sitting at the piano and playing a piece or a group of people gathering around and singing a couple of songs. The nearest we get to music appreciation is plugging an iPod into speaker now. Be forewarned...at the next party I throw there will be singing and live music. I think it's a shame that we don't appreciate the talents that our friends and family have. Nathan is killer on the kazoo.

No comments: