April 10, 2008

Tick-Tock, Tick-Tock

Nathan and I went to the OB again today (our second visit) to go over the standard labs that were done and do a physical exam. Right off the bat the nurse checked for the heart beat and she found it really fast! It was between 160 and 171 beats per minute, which is normal for a young fetus. It was really amazing to hear and I have to admit that I got a little teary-eyed over it. It just hits home that there is a baby growing in there.
The nurse weighed me when I first came in and I found out that I lost a pound in my first trimester instead of gaining any. Does this mean that since I'm allowed to gain 30 lbs. over the pregnancy that now I'm allowed to gain 31 lbs.? I think so. A little side note...I told Nathan that he had to lose the amount of weight that I gain along the pregnancy (it's only fair, we need to keep the world in balance), but now I told him that he's allowed to gain a pound. He seemed to like that idea and told me that maybe he would, in fact, finish my hamburger.

No comments: