January 9, 2009

Little Turkey

Last night was a rough night, but I can't have a good night all the time. I attempted putting Logan to bed at 7:40 and he didn't go to sleep until about 1:00 am with a lot of help from Nathan.

I think that it will take time for all of us to adjust to the new schedule. I just felt bad because I had to wake the little guy up this morning and I bet he would have slept more.

So, let me go into more detail about last night...
I fed him and he was wide awake until 10:00 pm and we played in the meantime. Until that point he was in a really good mood and talking and smiling at me for a few hours. At 10:00 I fed him again and he fell asleep, so I put him in his bassinet and Nathan and I went to sleep. Ten minutes later Logan was crying and Nathan changed his diaper. I put him back to sleep and then he woke up crying again. It was starting to reach around 11:30 at this point and I was exhausted because I only slept 3 hours the night before. As Logan is crying I walked over to him and he stops crying so that he can grin up at me as I pick him up. Honestly, those grins are worth sleepless nights. I decided, however, that we were going to do something radical and make him sleep in his own room. I moved the whole operation downstairs and Logan has resumed his fussiness at this point and I am getting more than a little frustrated. I woke Nathan up to help me and I handed Logan to him. I proceeded to roughly throw a box of trash all over the kitchen. I went back into the nursery and kissed both my boys and then went back into the kitchen to calmly pick up the mess I made. Sometimes I do better if I can do silly things like slam a few doors or make a mess. Anyway...Nathan stayed up with Logan and slept in the adjacent room with the monitor so that I could sleep upstairs without distraction, unless Logan needed to eat. I went upstairs and cheated a bit because I had a monitor too, but I turned it off after a few minutes and fell asleep within 10 minutes. Logan ended up falling asleep by 1:00 am and didn't even wake up to eat in the night.

Of course he was an angel as usual this morning. Sometimes we have these difficult nights and I am so thankful that Nathan is there to give me a break.

No comments: