June 26, 2008

Another Visit to the Doctor



I went to the OB again today and it looks like I am on track with my weight gain. I think I've made up a little bit for my slow start. My OB office just hired a nurse practitioner to fill in a little bit over the next couple of months and she measured my fundal height for the first time today. The measurement is from the top of the pubic bone to the top of the uterus. Magically, this number in inches should correspond with the number of weeks you are pregnant. I am 23 weeks and the height of my fundus is 23 inches.Our little boy was very active as we tried to listen to his heartbeat. The nurse would try to get the beats per minute and then we would hear him moving and kicking. It was neat to feel, hear, and see the kicking all at the same time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks likes someone's been having an extra helping of baby at dinner time.